Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Evolution

Regardless of your views on evolution the concept applies directly to a lot of the songs I write. An example is The Gorge. It wound up being a song about my wife and I driving to an outdoor concert and how remarkable the experience was.


You can here it here.
The Gorge



However, the song itself began as an instrumental I wrote back in the Schwag days. We used to play it live but I never got around to writing lyrics. Eventually the band broke up so I recorded the music myself on the computer. Dig the cheesy drums.
The Gorge Early Version



Even back when this was recorded I referred to the song as "Evie's Song". I really liked the music and thought it required a worthwhile subject matter, my beloved wife seemed like a natural choice.

1 comment:

mikeD said...

i love the contrast between the old and the new, the original version just had cheese, the new one is more like chili cheese nachos....with salsa, and maybe guacamole....if you are into that kind of thing.