Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Denmark

My friend Mike Delano is an extremely talented film maker. Last year he spent countless man-hours toiling on a horror movie called Denmark. When the opportunity came to write some music for the project I jumped at the chance.

One of the joys of writing music for my friend's projects is getting to create appropriate songs for unfamiliar genres. I'm not a horror fan so Denmark presented a formidable but fun challenge.


Here is what I came up with for a general theme.
Denmark Theme



I also took a stab at creating music for a scene involving a guy being hanged. The weird sounds and cues are timed to match up with specific visuals so it may not work as a standalone piece but here it is anyway.
Hanging



At this moment the movie is still being shopped around and I believe the director wants to take a stab at scoring the whole thing himself. So, if you happen to have a horror movie in desperate need of a theme, I await your call.

3 comments:

mikeD said...

whos this mike delano guy? sounds hot

Mandi said...

i like how you said you took a 'stab' at the music for a hanging scene, very creepy.

Micah said...

Let me take a moment to apologize for the "stab" pun. It was a product of unintentional lameness.