Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Canyoneering

Have you ever heard of canyoneering? I hadn't until my friend Mike Delano mentioned he was working on a documentary on the subject. It turns out that for some people, the act of rappelling down a rock face isn't exciting enough. A few years back somebody, probably on a dare and while drinking, decided to address the problem by rappelling down waterfalls instead. I know, its nutty.

While editing the Canyoneering documentary, Mike asked me if I'd write a few songs. Mike has asked me to write a lot of songs over the years and for good reason. That POD song "Alive" doesn't come cheap and the music I write is royalty free.


Here is the main theme. And before you ask, yes I am playing the mandolin and no I'm not playing they drums. I programmed them.
Outbound



Here is a nifty little ditty I threw together. I think the vibe is supposed to be one of "energetic motion" but listeners are probably too distracted by the distorted, wah-pedaled bass to notice.
Canyon Bass



Strings, reverby drums and I think a xylophone. How ethereal.
Ethereal with Drums



Lastly, my favorite. I call it "Water Rising". Lame name but I think it's accurate. Honestly, this is one of my personal favs.
Water Rising

2 comments:

mikeD said...

Fantastic work as usual, thanks again micah!! i just realized you can hit play on all the songs at once, its like im remixing the songs myself!! YEAH!!!

Jessie said...

Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you're freakishly talented?