Monday, May 5, 2008

Orchestral

Despite my years playing in punk bands, my musical tastes tend to be large in scale. Nothing adds depth to music like strings and horns.

Last year I bought a program that allowed me to use sampled notes of actual instruments to create more realistic orchestral sounds. While on a press trip I spent a few hours one evening toying around with the program and came up with the following bit of music cleverly titled 1st Orchestral.

1st Orchestral


I haven't found a use for it yet. It might find a place in a future Hudson and Gaines commercial or maybe I'll just use it as a dramatic ring tone. I'm open to suggestions.

4 comments:

The Narrator said...

This sounds like an interlude on an Apples in Stereo album. (That's high praise coming from me.)

Micah said...

Craig,

I've got all the Apples in Stereo albums thanks to you. One of these days I should totally give them a listen.

I suck,
Micah

Unknown said...

Hey, that's pretty tyte. lol It actually sounds pretty good. What program did u use?

Micah said...

Pat,

It was created on Sonar using Tascam's GigaStudio sampling software. That and a Leprechaun specializing in sampled string instruments.

Micah